Thursday, February 15, 2007

lpadmin headaches

I was trying to figure out how to install a printer via command-line in Ubuntu, so as to install them during the auto-configuration process after re-imaging a workstation.

After beating my head against lpadmin's man page, and trying everything I can to get the -m switch to pick up the right model printer, I've decided to give up on going that route.

Instead I'll just have the printer installed to begin with (We only have one model printer in four of the classrooms), and have the autoconfiguration script either set the IP address on it correctly, or remove it entirely (in classrooms without printers).

Compilations

Since I couldn't get the italc .deb package that Niko pointed me to to install correctly over unsatisfiable dependencies (I guess there's enough of a difference between Debian and Ubuntu to make this a problem), I'm going to go ahead and give compiling it a shot, as Kevin Mark suggested in a comment on this blog that it should be easy.

We'll see. Wish me luck!

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home