Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The BLUG Ubuntu Meeting - Decompression

So my gimmick was that I walked my fiancee through the whole thing, I was supposed to never touch the keyboard and mouse, but I did once :-(, though I don't think my lapse of integrity really affected the overall impact of the presentation.

It was a successful meeting, indeed, and my presentation went off without a hitch. 8 people showed up, and three were family of mine, but I think I succesfully convinced most of the people there that Ubuntu is good.

There was one person who showed up who I'd never met before that kept me on track by asking lots of appropriate questions. It would have been great to have more questions, though, cause I missed a few things.

I missed some of the things on my outline--which sucks--and I can't believe I lost my composure (and resolve not to grab the keyboard or mouse) over the brightness and contrast levels in MPlayer. That said, it was a resounding success even considering how few people actually benefitted from it. I'll be an optimist and say that it contributed to the intimacy of the room.

I did tape it, though, and now I have to wonder what the best way of sharing this over the internet is, so that maybe it can benefit more people out there.

Would there be an audience for something like this?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's video, sure. You can upload it to YouTube, for instance.

Incidentally, you should add a link to your XML feed on your blog page. I presumptuously went ahead and added your blog to my feed reader - the URL is:
http://www.indianalinux.blogspot.com/atom.xml

I'm enjoying your blog! I hope my school district can catch up to yours someday soon. I'm still pushing.

12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Simón A. Ruiz said...

Consider how big a file it would have to be at an hour and fourty minutes long with any real resolution.

Re: Feed Link. Thanks for the tip, Done!

Thanks for reading along, Jim! What school district are you speaking of?

3:05:00 PM  
Blogger yman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:17:00 AM  
Blogger yman said...

If you want, I can host it no my website, depends how big it is. just go to my blog and leave a comment and I'll contact you. if you already uploaded it to someplace, please provide a link.

2:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
most folks reformat video for ipod's or slower download speeds, so just make the result between 30 and 100 mb for optimum viewing.
cheers,
Kev

8:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home