Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SystemImager HOWTO - Oh, Yeah!

After my first attempt at compiling SystemImager on my golden clients, it didn't work!

I remembered the one step that I didn't include in the HOWTO I just posted a couple days ago. It's not quite intuitive, see, so I don't feel bad about about having forgotten it.

For some reason, the linux-headers package in Ubuntu (at least version I got when I was writing the HOWTO, linux-headers-2.6.17-11-generic 2.16.17.1-11.35) is missing a couple of key files. Did I forget that linux-headers-generic is necessary for the build process??? Drats!

Don't worry, though, it's easily solved:

$ sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic

$ sudo cp /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-11-generic/include/linux/compiler.h /usr/include/linux

$ sudo cp /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-11-generic/include/asm/unaligned.h /usr/include/asm

It should work after that...

Note

I've already updated the original post, so it should be fine now.

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home