Ghost Test Results
Ghost Unicast Tests
- Unicast to new classroom, English pod: Success
- Unicast to old classroom, English pod: Success
- Unicast to computer in my office: Success
Ghost Multicast Tests
- Multicast to new classroom, English pod: FAILURE
- Multicast to old classroom, English pod: FAILURE
- Multicast to computer in my office: Success
Although neither the server or the client circumstances have changed, Multicasting to the English pod is now not possible. A setting has been changed in some network hardware between the server computer and the English Pod client computers that does not affect Unicasting (the client computers can see the network and can see the server computer), but thwarts any attempt at Multicasting (the server computer starts sending out the multicast packets, but the clients never receive them).
Someone from our corporate IS department has been playing with our network hardware without talking to us about it, and they've done it since.