I've gotten SystemImager to work well and have imaged eight of our nine classrooms to our latest image, and this evening I'm imaging the ninth one. Woohoo!
We had a nasty surprise when we tried to image two classrooms in that the image server simply could not HANDLE 64 rsync connections with 512 MB of memory. Luckily, rather than keel over and die the server started killing off the connections it couldn't handle so instead of having to re-image two whole classrooms, we only had to re-image half of one.
Luckily, I've been able to get SystemImager's bittorrent delivery method up and running so this is a moot point now.
iTALC Memory Limitations
On a side note we're also experiencing memory limitations with iTALC, connecting to 30 or 31 workstations is a bit much for 512 MB of memory, so iTALC periodically dies--luckily it's simply a matter of opening it back up. We're looking into beefing up the memory on our teacher workstations to compensate for this.
Powered by ScribeFire.